Friday 30 August 2019

EDITING ON THE ROAD

This looks like an interesting series to follow - not so much the programmes being produced as the backstory to how a couple are filming and editing a series with their Mac editing setup in a trailer, and part powered by solar panels.

I'm seeing more and more often veteran editors proclaim FCPX for its clip/library management system. It's clearly rebounded from the huge tactical errors of the initial dumbed down FCPX displacement of Final Cut Pro 7, which many still clung to a decade after it was outmoded.

The story here may seem outlandish - 48TB of hard drive space! - but it isn't really. I'd estimate I've got about 40TB of HDDs myself (though I've mostly given up on the USB2 drives as just too slow).

Anyway, may be of interest to some of you

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/articles/2203-1-year-30-000-km-on-the-road-with-fcpx-part-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are vetted